- 1 stick of salted butter/8 tbsp
- 4-5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of finely grated Parmesan and/or Pecorino cheeses
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
Melt butter down and add garlic until it gets tender on medium heat.
Add in cream, stirring constantly until milk starts to become “pillowy.” Watch the heat!
At a medium-low heat, slowly add in the cheese and continue to stir so it doesn’t settle to the bottom. Stir until all cheese has melted and sauce has thickened (don’t over heat!)
Once it’s completely melted turn the heat off and add in fresh parsley and fresh nutmeg.
Serve over your favorite pasta or you can always add protein for a hearty meal.